get on up, Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch! Let’s get you all caught up to start this Thursday, March 10, off on an informed note. Here’s everything knowing worth today in Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch.
First, today’s weather:
A couple of morning showers. High: 64, Low: 36.
Here are three of the top stories today in Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
- You see them out on the corners of the major intersections. They are the local firefighters working to raise funds for the Burn Institute. They will be out there with The Boot on March 10 throughout the County. The Burn Institute provides support programs as well as financial assistance to burn victims. Donations are welcome at the intersections or online at the Burn Institute website. To learn more: Click into parenthesis, then click the link. (KUSI)
- Need a scholarship? Wheelhouse Badge of Honor Scholarships and Wheelhouse Sustainability Scholarships are now available to college-bound students who live in the Rancho Bernardo–4S areas, and well as other locations in San Diego. Wheelhouse CEO and president Lisa Paul-Hill said in a statement: “Both of these scholarship programs focus on areas we are passionate about in helping our city thrive — honoring our first responder families, and assisting students involved in improving our environment. We encourage local students to apply for our scholarships as they take this next important step in their educational journey.” To learn more: Click into parenthesis, then click the link. (Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Patch)
- If you have been house hunting lately, you know that there is very little inventory of housing available in our area. However, right now there are several homes available for you to consider. Perhaps you are searching for 3 bedrooms, with 2-2.5 bathrooms and prices ranging from $970K to $1.018 million. Need more room? Take a look at a 4-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom home for just under $1.4 million, and a 5-bedroom, 4-bathroom home for just under $2.4 million. Happy hunting! To learn more: Click into parenthesis, then click the link. (Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Patch)
From our sponsor:
Hey Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch, are you looking to buy a house, refinance or just explore your options? Check out the new Patch Mortgage Center for all your home financing needs!
Today in Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch:
- Free Tax Pre (by appointment) — Rancho Bernardo Senior Center. (9 am)
- How the Internet Changed the Media and the Future of Newspapers, Music, and Television (Online) — San Diego Oasis. (10 am)
- Preschool Storytime — Rancho Bernardo Branch Library. (11 am)
- Arthritis and Balance — Ed Brown Center. (11:15 am)
- Meditation: The Key to Health & Peace (Online) — San Diego Oasis. (1 pm)
- Board of Education Meeting — Poway Unified School District. (6 pm)
From my notebook:
- Rancho Bernardo Girls Softball League: “Opening night this Friday at 5 pm” (Facebook)
- Rancho Bernardo Little League: “Have you signed up yet for the 1st annual RBLL Golf Tournament? This awesome event will be held on March 28 at the beautiful Bernardo Heights CC. We are looking for players, hole sponsors, dinner guests and auction items.” (Facebook)
- YMCA Raintree Ranch: “It’s your turn to have the summer of a lifetime. New friends and memories await you at YMCA Overnight Camps Marston, Raintree Ranch & Camp Surf. Reserve your spot today, are filling spots up fast!” (Facebook)
- North San Diego Business ChamberThank you to NOVA Home Loans for its generous donation to Operation Connect. With this, we will be able to further help transitioning veterans in San Diego. Know a transitioning service member? Invite them to attend the free Operation Connect Workshop on April 1 .” (Facebook)
- North San Diego Business Chamber: “Celebrate North San Diego Business Chamber’s 32nd Annual RB Alive! Expo with a full day of entertainment and enjoyment. Visitors can partake in tasty treats and browse over 200 booths.” Set for June 5. (Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Rancho Bernardo: “We’re back. The Rancho Bernardo Historical Society and the Rancho Bernardo Rotary Club Foundation will once again host Vines & Vittles, a family festival with a Western theme on Aug. 14 from 2 to 5 pm Come on out to Rancho Bernardo’s Web Park for tastings from local restaurants, wineries, and craft breweries. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Rancho Bernardo-4s Ranch Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Thanks for following along and staying informed. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
— Bettyan Pernice