Morning, neighbors! It’s me again, Sean Peek, your host of the Franklin Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 47 Low: 22.
Here are the top three stories today in Franklin:
- Franklin students can now apply to Nashville Sounds Foundation’s 2022 Scholarship Program. The foundation will award four scholarships worth $2,500 each to graduating high school seniors in Nashville and Middle Tennessee who plan to attend college in the Fall of 2022. The scholarship will be awarded based on the culmination of the student’s schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and involvement in the community. (Clarksville Online)
- Heading to Nashville this week? A colorful new mural inspired by the Disney Film ‘Encanto’ is now on display there. Getting the mural finished required multiple hours of painting in the cold and even through snowstorms. If you’re in town, you can check out the artwork outside Plaza Mariachi located on 3955 Nolensville Pike. (NewsChannel5.com)
- Franklin-based food distribution nonprofit One Generation Away will kick off its two-year disaster relief campaign on Saturday, Feb. 12. Beginning next week, OneGenAway will hold a food distribution at the Dollar Tree lot at 515 W. Main St. in Waverly every second Saturday of the month for the remainder of the year. Fresh produce and packaged goods will be given to anyone in need. Distribution is first-come-first-served, so recipients are encouraged to arrive early. (Williamson Herald)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Franklin Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Franklin:
- 2022 Garden Talk Series: Virtual WCMGA Garden Tours – Williamson County Master Gardeners Speakers Bureau (1:00 PM)
- Historic Zoning Design Review Committee Special Called Meeting – City Hall (4:00 PM)
- Teen Writers’ Group – Williamson County Public Library (4:00 PM)
- Budget Committee Meeting – County of Williamson (4:30 PM)
- Park Board Meeting – City of Brentwood (5:30 PM)
- Planning Commission Meeting – City of Brentwood (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- The ballot of nominees for the 1st Downtown Franklin Annual Awards consisted of current DFA business members. It was voted on by the public during the month of January 2022 for the previous calendar year of 2021. Downtown Franklin announced the top-voted businesses in each category, as well as the award winners, voted on by the public. (Facebook)
Loving the Franklin Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You’re officially in the loop for today! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.