Hello, neighbors! It’s me again, Karena Garrity, your host of The Haddams-Killingworth Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Not as cold, turning breezy. High: 41 Low: 33.
Here are the top three stories in The Haddams-Killingworth today:
- What will the weather be like this week in your neck of the woods? Isn’t that the constant question here in New England? Bring your coat and sunglasses! (The Haddams-Killingworth Patch)
- New homes hit the market. Are you looking to buy? (The Haddams-Killingworth Patch)
- Applications are due on April 30th for The Nathaniel B. Field Memorial Foundation, Inc. The Foundation is currently accepting scholarship applications from Haddam-Killingworth High School seniors. Students will be considered for $1000 scholarships. (HK)
Looking for a healthy alternative to that mid-week glass (or three) of wine? Our partners at Betera set out to create beverages that were sophisticated and flavorful enough to drink at cocktail hour but with zero hangover risk. (Their motto is “Drink like there’s tomorrow.”) Betera’s drinks are designed by a Michelin-starred chef using natural botanicals — they’re lightly effervescent, sippable, refreshingly bitter and at home in a stem glass or in a highball on the rocks . Betera offers three recipes — Rhubarb-Hibiscus, Elderflower-Lime and Ginger-Orange. We’ve tried all three and loved them equally — we recommend the mixed case as a great place to start.
Betera has extended their 15% discount on first orders to daily readers, in appreciation for the enthusiastic response so far. Enter Patch15 at checkout and https://bit.ly/TryBetera.
Today in The Haddams-Killingworth:
- Tech Time Tuesdays – Killingworth Library (2:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Lower Connecticut River Valley Council of Governments: It’s National Invasive Species Awareness Week. (@RiverCog)
- Haddam-Killingworth Parks and Recreation: Registration is now open for several new programs for kids and adults. Check it out! (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Haddams-Killingworth Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re officially in the loop for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Karena Garrity
About me: I am a native of Connecticut, who currently resides in the Tri-Town community of Chester, Deep River and Essex. I have been a community reporter for the better part of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and I am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; email@example.com.