The Board of Education’s next regular meeting is 1 pm on Tuesday, April 12. The Board will meet in person at the Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building. The Starkey Building is located at 5980 Radio Station Road in La Plata.
Public forum for this meeting will be held in a hybrid format of both in-person and virtual speakers. Pre-registration is required in advance for any speaker who wants to provide virtually comments. Virtual speakers must register by 4 pm Monday, April 11. Click here to register for virtual public forum. Late virtual registrations will not be accepted.
Any public forum speaker interested in providing comments to the Board in person should register on Tuesday by 6 pm A sign-up sheet for in-person speakers will be located outside of the boardroom.
The following is a tentative meeting agenda and subject to change.
Executive session – 11:30 am
Call to order – 1 pm
Recognition of student athletes
Reports of officers/boards/committees
- Board Member correspondence
- Education Association of Charles County (EACC) update
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) update
- School climate update
- Student Member of the Board elections update
- Project status update
- Legislative update
New business and future agenda items
- New business
- Future agenda items
Recognition – 4:30 pm
- No Kid Hungry award
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Administrative Professionals Week
- Child Nutrition Employee Application Week
- National Physical Education and Sport Week
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Public forum – 6 pm
- Virtual speakers must preregister by 4 pm Monday, April 11
- Textbooks: “Principles and Practices of Barbering”, and “Illustrative Mathematics”
- Maryland Stadium Authority Memorandum of Understanding
Charles County Public Schools provides 27,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12 with an academically challenging education. Located in Southern Maryland, Charles County Public Schools has 37 schools that offer a technologically advanced, progressive and high quality education that builds character, equips for leadership and prepares students for life, careers and higher education.
The Charles County public school system does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its programmes, activities or employment practices. For inquiries, please contact Kathy Kiessling, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (students) or Nikial Majors, Title IX/ADA/Section 504 coordinator (employees/ adults), at Charles County Public Schools, Jesse L. Starkey Administration Building, PO Box 2770, La Plata, MD 20646; 301-932-6610/301-870-3814. For special accommodations call 301-934-7230 or TDD 1-800-735-2258 two weeks prior to the event. CCPS provides nondiscriminatory equal access to school in accordance with its Use of Facilities facilities rules to designated youth groups (including, but not limited to, the Boy Scouts).