Internshala, a major recruitment and training platform, has announced its annual scholarship – Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls (ICSG) 2022 which includes an annual award of INR 25,000.
The reward aims to identify the girl who fought against the odds to pursue her dream career in any field – academics, sports, arts or any other field. The scholarship is awarded as an allowance for pursuing training or carrying out a project in the chosen field, payment for a specialized training programme, special equipment, etc.
How to Apply for the Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls
Eligibility – Eligibility: Any Indian girl between the ages of 17 and 23 (as of December 31, 2021) is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Application deadline: January 15, 2022; ICSG 2022 results will be announced by February 1st.
Application form: Go to the official Internshala blog and click on ‘Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls’; Scroll down and fill out the form on the page along with your career objective.
Your application will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
1. The element of fighting the odds: This handicap could be financial, social, physical, or anything that might put obstacles in your way.
2. Component of achievement: You must have done well in your chosen field, be it academic, sports, music or the arts.
3. Purpose element: The purpose for which you will use the grant amount.
4. Element of Need: Everything else is the same, the scholarship will be awarded to someone in greater financial need.
Professional Scholarship Application Process
1. Online form: Submission of the application.
2. Interview: A shortlist for the telephone interview will be announced and interviews will be conducted. You will be required to submit all necessary documents and proofs prior to the interview.
3. Judgment Examination: After the interview, the arbitrator (given on the form) will be contacted for verification, after which the final winner will be selected and announced.
Why was this scholarship for girls launched?
The inspiration for this scholarship lies in the sad coincidence that Nirbhaya’s struggle for life ended on the same day that Internshala celebrated its second anniversary (December 29, 2012).
Through ICSG, Internshala has been able to help girls who, after fighting against odds and overcoming hardships, are still pursuing their careers relentlessly.
Who received a scholarship for the last year?
The winner of the ICSG-2021 was Sneha Shankar, a 3rd year BCom student from Bangalore, Karnataka. She lost her father at the age of twelve, leaving Sneha and her mother without financial support.
Her hard work and perseverance helped her overcome various odds. Because of her academic excellence and perseverance, she received financial support from the school and college administration.
In order to further supplement her finances, she began to teach students. This income helped her realize her long-standing dream of practicing a legal accounting profession. Sneha used this scholarship amount to pay the college fees.
Read: 7 Best MBA Scholarships for MBA Aspirants
Read: 3 Scholarship Programs You Can Apply For By January 2022
Read: 3 scholarship programs you need to apply for by January-February 2022