- Deliver high-quality scholarship services to students, staff and external stakeholders
- Ensure efficient and effective end-to-end processes management in scholarship set up, application, assessment and award
- Full time, continuing role based at the Melbourne campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About the Student Administration Directorate:
The Student Administration Directorate, led by the Academic Registrar and Director, Student Administration comprises four core divisions: Administrative Services, User Experience, Student Systems and the Office of the Academic Registrar and Director, Student Administration. The Directorate supports the University’s academic decision-making processes through academic policy formulation, providing operational support for student and academic-related administrative matters, and delivering process improvement initiatives to improve the student and faculty user experience.
About the role:
As the Coordinator Scholarships, you’ll deliver high-quality scholarships services to students, staff and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Associate Director, User Experience, you’ll also ensure efficient and effective end-to-end processes relating to scholarship set up, application, assessment and award.
More specifically the role entails:
- Overseeing, maintaining and improving ACU’s scholarships management system (SurveyMonkey Apply) and acting as business owner and key liaison for IT, Student Systems and other system users.
- Advising on the Scholarships and Awards policy and regularly liaising with internal stakeholders including the Office of the Provost, Advancement and Alumni, Marketing and External Relations and Governance.
- Advising on the establishment of new scholarships, identifying recruitment and retention opportunities and providing insight and data in support of developing scholarship strategy to support ACU student opportunity and success.
- Providing effective leadership to the Administrative Officer, Scholarships and collaborating with leaders in the User Experience Division to share resources and ensure the effective delivery of student and administrative staff services.
- Ensuring the accuracy of student records as they relate to scholarships.
You will need to have:
- Completed a tertiary qualification and possess substantial relevant professional experience, or an equivalent combination.
- Experience working in an administrative setting with responsibility for systems, processes, policy advice, reporting and analysis.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to support effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including senior staff.
- Evidence of driving and delivering an excellent user experience through effective coordination of and improvement to administrative systems and processes, policy and procedure, and reporting and analytics.
- Evidence of leadership skills, including the ability to engage, empower, inspire and support through change.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to apply:
Obtain the Position Description from the website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the ‘View Position Description and Apply’ buttons above or below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $107,300 – $116,130 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $90,670 – $98,131 (pro rata) pa (HEW 7), employer contribution to superannation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Margaret Cato-Smith, Associate Director, User Experience at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Find out more information on the benefits of working at ACU at: www.acu.edu.au/about-acu/careers-at-acu/why-work-at-acu
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.