WICHITA – The Wichita State dance team will hold in-person tryouts for the 2022-23 season Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5 inside the WSU Heskett Center.
Participants can visit the 2022-23 Dance Tryouts Info link to fill out the tryout waiver.
Saturday, June 4: Heskett Center, Upstairs Courts
Doors open at 11:00 AM. Clinic will be from 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
Sunday, June 5: Heskett Center, Dance Studios
Doors open at 11:00 AM. Check-in will end at 11:30 AM
Please arrive promptly to allow for adequate check-in time.
• Incoming freshman are eligible.
• Current and transfer students with a minimum 2.0 GPA are eligible.
• Must be enrolled full-time, 12 credit hours (9 for graduate students) to be eligible.
• Tryout fee of $40 per participant.
• Complete the following steps:
Step 1: REGISTRATION
Please register for tryouts here: Tryout Registration
Registration will open Wednesday, April 27 and close Friday, May 27.
STEP 2: DOCUMENTATION
The following items must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 11:59 PM on Friday, May 27, 2022.
Please include the following subject line: [first and last name] – Tryout Documentation
All items must be directly attached to the email and submitted in PDF or JPEG format.
1. Tryout Waiver (page 3 of this document)
2. Copy of Medical Insurance Card (front and back)
3. Proof of Application/Acceptance to Wichita State University via one (1) of the following:
• Proof of Application (ie, confirmation email, etc.)
• Letter of Acceptance
• Scanned copy of myWSU ID
We request that you make every effort to join us and participate in person. If, however, you are unable to attend in person and require a virtual tryout, please complete the above steps and contact Coach Kate Stybr at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on Friday, May 27, 2022.
• Top (both days): Black crop/bra top (can be rhinestoned or embellished, but not a requirement)
• Bottom (both days): Black spandex shorts (can be high waisted, but not a requirement)
• No jewelry allowed, except for stud earrings.
• Please wear hair down and make-up that is game ready.
• Jazz shoes/pirouettes and athletic sneakers.
• How many team members will be selected this year?
Our team number varies from year to year but has historically ranged from 18-26 members.
• How is the team selected?
Team members will be selected utilizing the judges’ scores/notes and at the discretion of the coaching staff.
• Do current team members have to try out again?
Yes, all current team members are required to tryout every year.
• Will alternates/ambassadors be selected?
No, alternates/ambassadors will not be selected for the 22-23 team.
• Register Online – Tryout Registration
• Submit the following (PDF format) to email@example.com
• Tryout Waver
• PDF copy of Insurance Card (front and back)
• Proof of Application/Acceptance
• Review tryout attire expectations and FAQ’s.
• All selected Shocker Dance team members will be required to attend summer practices (June 18-19, July 9-10, July 23-24) and NDA Summer Camp (July 26-28).
• Spectators are not permitted during tryouts.
Head Dance Coach