Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as the BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
About the job Program Management – Program Operations
Type of Contract fixed duration
The BPP Pro Bono Center runs a number of projects that engage law students in providing free legal advice and education services. One project is BPP’s Enterprise Legal Advice Clinic which provides free business legal advice to start-ups and small businesses across the country.
We are looking for a solicitor or solicitor with significant and diversified business/intellectual property experience to oversee student advisors and run the Legal Consulting Clinic of the Enterprise Pro Bono Group.
The Enterprise Clinic will operate with a combination of supervision from a supervising attorney and volunteer attorneys from all clients of the BPP law firm. Supervising attorney would be a great net walker,
Able to involve volunteer lawyers in the clinic. The successful candidate will work closely with the Pro Bono Chairs, other Supervising Pro Bono attorneys, the Head of BPP Legal Advisors, and the Director of the Center.
- To supervise commercial issues with the BPP Legal Advice Clinic (BLAC) and attend clinic sessions (including some evening counseling sessions);
- to review all letters of advice sent by the Enterprise Clinic for accuracy (this will cover a variety of topics from contracts, corporate law, commercial property, intellectual property and civil litigation);
- Work closely with the Head of Clinics to ensure that the clinic is operating effectively and in line with professional requirements and requirements of quality standards of advice.
- To assist in the design, coordination, implementation and management of Centre’s projects;
- To manage student managers who manage projects;
- Supervising Pro Bono Center trainee lawyers;
- To coordinate with and recruit volunteer attorneys to oversee Enterprise Clinic appointments;
- Advise students on how to participate in the pro bono work including offering free introductory talks at the beginning of the semester;
- To recruit and train student volunteers from among the BPP law students;
- to attend conferences and committee meetings in order to exchange ideas in the free community;
- To perform any other duties related to the position.
Department, Departments University Education Services – Jobs and Pro Bono
unoccupied place UK, nationwide, nationwide
- Qualification as a solicitor / barrister in England and Wales
- Big PQE
- Competency and experience in commercial law (experience in commercial dispute resolution is particularly important, but not essential)
- Understand and abide by the roles of both clinics and free labor in supply
- of legal services.
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to convey complex information in an accessible manner
- The ability to explain the law clearly and simply, orally and in writing.
- Dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for students.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use a range of computers and information technology
- Confident public speaker or enthusiasm for improvement
- Good networking skills
Contract hours 37.50