Feb. 8, 2022—Several industry organizations have rolled out their scholarship programs for the 2022-2023 school year.
On Monday, Federated Auto Parts and Mitchell 1 announced their respective scholarship programs are now taking applications. Both scholarships are administered by the University of Aftermarket Foundation, which is where applicants can apply.
Federated’s scholarships will be awarded to employees and children of active Federated Car Care Center members attending a two- or four-year accredited college, an ASE/NATEF certified post-secondary automotive, heavy-duty or collision technician training program, or any licensed and approved vocational school. Students graduating from high school in 2022 and heading to any of these post-secondary programs are also eligible.
To be eligible for Mitchell 1’s scholarship, applicants must
- be a current student majoring in automotive technology/auto
- shop repair course work and meet the following criteria:
- Nomination from his/her NACAT instructor
- Minimum overall 3.0 grade point average
- Planning to an accredited college or university, or already enrolled in an accredited college
- or university
- A US or Canadian citizen
Mitchell 1 will award one student a $2,500 scholarship, a check for $500 and roundtrip airfare and accommodations to attend the North American Council of Automotive Teachers.