The Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation has announced the awards for its 2021 scholarships for Florida students and researchers.
The awards went to eight undergraduate students at colleges and universities in Florida. Each recipient received $5,000 and a certificate designed and signed by Dr. Guy Harvey.
The 2021 winners are:
- Florida Atlantic University: Brianna Cahill and Steven Lombardo
- Florida Institute of Technology: Eloise Cave
- Florida International University: Laura García Barcia
- Florida State University: Ashley Dawdy and Blake Hamilton
- New College of Florida: Cecilia Hampton
- University of South Florida: Jonathan Albert Peake
Commenting on the awards, Harvey said:
“This next generation of bright minds is bringing us one step closer to understanding what it will take to protect Florida’s fragile marine environment and ensure its sustainability. Through our ongoing support of marine research and by drawing attention to the important work of these students, the GHOF is helping to safeguard a healthy ocean ecosystem for generations to come.”
Applications for the 2022 scholarships will open on April 1st and close on June 1st, 2022. To apply, go to the Florida Sea Grant website at flseagrant.org.