THE FLATS – Georgia Tech swimming will compete at the 2022 Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships from March 23-26.
The Yellow Jackets will be represented every day of the meet. Four of the five relays will feature Georgia Tech and four individuals qualified in their events.
Below is a list of events where Jackets will be swimming:
- Wednesday, March 23: Tech Relays (200 medley, 800 free)
- Thursday, March 24: Mert Kilavuz (500 free), Berke Saka (200 IM), Caio Pumputis (200 IM), Christian Ferraro (50 free), Tech Relays (200 free)
- Friday, March 25: Christian Ferraro (100 fly), Caio Pumputis (100 breast), Berke Saka (100 back), Tech Relays (400 medley)
- Saturday, March 26: Mert Kilavuz (1650 free), Berke Saka (200 back), Caio Pumputis (200 breast), Christian Ferraro (200 fly)
The meet will have prelims starting at 10 am and finals starting at 6 pm The top 16 from prelims will qualify in two heats with the top eight being in contention for the NCAA Championship.
Based on times swam earlier in the year, Tech has several potential finalists:
- Mert Kilavuz (1650 free, 14th, 14:42.62)
- Berke Saka (200 back, 21st, 1:40.49)
- Caio Pumputis (200 breast, 15th, 1:52.19; 100 breast, 17th, 51.77)
- Christian Ferraro (200 fly, ninth, 1:40.33)
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes. To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
For the latest information on Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Swimming & Diving, follow us on Twitter (@GTSwimDiveInstagram (@GTSwimDive), and Facebook (Georgia Tech Swimming & Diving) or visit us at www.ramblinwreck.com.