The Lebanese Community Hospital Foundation is now accepting applications for its scholarship programs for East Lane County students who are pursuing careers in the healthcare field. Scholarships are available to medical, nursing, and nursing education students as well as students enrolled in a health professional program at Linn-Benton Community College.
The deadline to apply is 5pm on Saturday, April 30th. Scholarship recipients will be announced by 1 June.
The following scholarships are available:
- Frank Giroud Medical Scholarship For students enrolled in the College of Medicine. This scholarship is named after the late Frank Giroud, a primary care physician who was instrumental in establishing the Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital. Applicants must submit an application, a written statement about their goals and any involvement in community service, as well as a cost and resource estimation worksheet.
- Julieta A. Fund Babi Scholarship For students of East Lane County pursuing a medical degree at the Pacific Northwest College of Osteopathic Medicine in Lebanon or the University of Oregon Health Sciences in Portland. The Julietta A. Pape Scholarship is awarded for Pape’s lifelong contribution to education. Applicants must submit an application, a cover letter in which they introduce themselves, what degree they are pursuing, why they are interested in a medical career and an official college transcript.
- Rachel Easton Nursing Scholarship For students enrolled in a nursing degree program. It is named after Rachel Easton, who was a longtime nurse at Samaritan Park Street Clinic in Lebanon. Applicants must submit an official transcript including Fall 2020 grades, a one- or two-page written statement discussing why they are pursuing a nursing degree, a list of their goals, a completed application form, a cost and resource estimation worksheet, and any special circumstances under which the Easton Scholarship Committee is required tuition fees to be considered, as well as a signed and dated letter of recommendation from someone who knows the applicant well.
- John and Carol Dings Medical Scholarship For East Lin County students enrolled in a junior health care program in
Lynn Benton Community College. Examples of entry-level programs include certified medical assistant, certified nursing assistant, medical office specialist, and dental assistant. Seniors and alumni of the Lebanese High School will be given first preference, but seniors and alumni of all East Lynn County high schools are welcome to apply.
- the Nursing Education Scholarship For certified caregivers and nursing assistants pursuing continuing education in nursing. Preference is given to applicants from the Lebanon region and unmarried fathers. The deadline to apply for this particular scholarship is 5 PM on Saturday, May 28. Scholarship recipients will be announced by July 1.
For complete information about these scholarships, call 541-451-6303 or visit samhealth.org/Scholarships.