- Based in Clinical and Health Sciences at City East Campus
- Multiple full-time and on-going jobs
- Starting salary: $90,451 per year (plus 17% pension)
About the role
We have many exciting opportunities for Lecturers in Nursing and Lecturer in Nursing and Midwifery, to join the UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences team. By leveraging your professional and contemporary knowledge related to the discipline of teaching and practice, you will contribute to the delivery of teaching, administrative activities, and associated scholarships in the undergraduate and/or graduate programs of the academic unit.
The University of South Australia is the Australian business university. Our culture of innovation is underpinned by global and national links with academic, research and industrial partners. Our graduates are new urban professionals, global citizens who are comfortable with the world and ready to innovate and respond to change. Our research is innovative and full of adventure, creating new knowledge that is fundamental to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver courses on campus, online or through other appropriate methods
- Maintain course quality by reviewing and developing the course to meet industry and regulatory needs, educational requirements and quality standards
- Apply research and scholarship to course development including investigation and development of innovative teaching methods
- Contribute to the activities of the academic unit by making scholarships in the areas of teaching and learning practice
- Undertake course coordination duties and contribute to program planning, development and evaluation
Basic skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, with a relevant Master’s or Doctorate degree, and current registration, or eligibility to register, as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Australia (for lecturer in nursing and registration as a midwife is also required)
- Ability to undertake a range of teaching duties including preparing appropriate teaching materials and resources
- Ability to improve the research profile of the academic unit through scholarships and supervision of master’s degree coursework and/or HDR students
- Proven clinical experience/experience and understanding of global and national policies and priorities in health and midwifery practice
- High-level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate effectively with team members, external parties, and colleagues
Getting a great job working with the best is just the beginning. UniSA rewards its employees with a variety of benefits such as:
- Generous pension contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Corporate health insurance
- Variety of vacation arrangements
As a university of enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives when new horizons are opened. Our employees are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant and engaging environment. Our employees are original, flexible, impactful and deliver results.
How to apply
For a copy of the job description and application, please visit Work at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria you need to address.
Please direct your cover letter to Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For more information about the position or recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central at +61 8 8302 1700 or by email at Recruitment@unisa.edu.au using the job reference number. 3592.
Close applications: 11:30 p.m. Monday, January 31, 2022
Applications are welcome from Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of Australia who have the legal right to work in Australia during the appointment period.
The designation is also subject to a satisfactory National Police (NPC) certification to be obtained and maintained.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online, please note that UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your order by clicking the “Start” button
- If you are already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you forgot your login details, click here to reset your password
- View the application form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive, enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central at +61 8 8302 1700 or email Recruitment@unisa.edu.au and you will receive a response within one business day.