Miami Gardens, Florida. The Miami Dolphins has announced that applications for and registration is now open for the Fifth Annual Nat Moore Scholarship and Professional Scholarship Program. The mission of the program is to provide the youth of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, and Palm Beach counties with the financial resources to pursue education and training to prepare for employment. Here are the scholarship and grant guidelines:
Nat Moore Scholarship – Award amount $10,000 ($2,500 per year for four years)
- The deadline for applications is February 28, 2022 by 11:59 PM EST. Late applications will not be reviewed or accepted.
- Must be a high school student graduating from a high school in Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, or Palm Beach County on or before June 2022.
- Demonstrate a financial need for college admission.
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale, excluding home studies).
Nat Moore Professional Scholarship – Maximum scholarship amount $3,500 (for the cost of the entire program)
- Applicants must be between 18 and 24 years old. If the applicant is current or a high school graduate, documentation is required.
- Proof of financial need.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship and grant by visiting https://bit.ly/3GgQIZg.
In its fifth year under the Miami Dolphins Foundation, both the scholarship and the professional scholarship are designed to advance efforts in bridging the gap between receiving financial assistance and obtaining a professional degree or diploma. During the 2021 season, the scholarship was awarded to six senior graduates selected through an application process that offered community service, leadership, financial need, and academic standing. Recipients and their families are invited to attend Miami Dolphins Training Camp training at the Baptist Health Training Complex on Monday, August 2, 2021.
The fund is a continuation of the Nat Moore Foundation, which began in 1998 to serve the youth of South Florida through education. The Miami Dolphins Foundation through the Nat Moore Endowment Fund is committed to raising $10 million to fund educational opportunities for South Florida youth. This commitment will empower the next generation of industry and community leaders by providing students who achieve academically and who give back to their communities the opportunity to achieve their educational goals.