UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa – Penn State Athletics has announced game day themes for the 2022 football season presented by PSECU. The nationally-recognized Penn State White Out is scheduled for the Minnesota game on Oct. 22, while the Penn State Stripe Out takes place during the Oct. 29 contest against Ohio State.
In addition, members of the Penn State Nittany Lion Club and football season ticket holders will have the opportunity to participate in an exclusive presale for Penn State football single-game tickets beginning Wednesday, June 8. Nittany Lion Club members are scheduled in NLC point total order between Wednesday, June 8 and Friday, June 10 and will receive an email with their sale information later today (June 1). Nittany Lion Club members can log into the sale at www.GoPSUsports.com/accountmanager beginning on their scheduled date and time. The presale will end on Tuesday, June 14.
The public single-game ticket sale will begin on Thursday, June 16.
Beginning at their assigned date and time, Nittany Lion Club members can also purchase single-game general parking permits (3 permits per account, per game) for all seven home games, subject to availability. Single-game general parking permits can be purchased via Penn State Account Manager www.GoPSUsports.com/accountmanager.
2022 Penn State Football Game Themes:
SEPT. 10 VS. OHIO: 107k Family Reunion, State of Excellence, Youth Basketball and Spirit Day, Faculty and Staff
- Join the 107k Family Reunion as Penn State Football fans are welcomed back to Happy Valley for the 2022 home opener.
- The State of Excellence Week celebration culminates in recognition of the successes of the Nittany Lion student-athletes in competition and in the classroom throughout the game.
- Youth Spirit Day includes a pre-game cheer and dance clinic, as well as an opportunity for cheer and dance participants to perform during halftime.
- Youth Basketball Day will include a pre-game skills clinic in the Bryce Jordan Center practice facility. To join the interest list and for more information on Youth Sports Days, click here: https://app.gopsusports.com/22fbthemedays.
- Penn State Faculty and Staff from across the state are eligible to purchase a special ticket package. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY or click here: https://app.gopsusports.com/22fbthemedays.
SEPT. 24 VS. CENTRAL MICHIGAN: 1982 National Championship Team Recognition, THON, Scout Day
- The Penn State student section ribbon will turn yellow to celebrate THON, the largest student-run philanthropy in the world. THON has raised more than $203,000,000 in its history to benefit Four Diamonds at Penn State Health Children’s Hospital in the fight against childhood cancer.
- 2022 marks the 40th anniversary of the 1982 National Championship and members of the team will be honored on the field during a special ceremony.
- Scout day – All Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts are invited to attend our annual Scout Celebration. Interested Troops and Packs can purchase special ticket packages at a reduced rate visiting: https://app.gopsusports.com/22fbthemedays.
OCTOBER 1 VS. NORTHWESTERN: All-U Day
- The annual All-University Day will include involvement of student representatives from all Penn State campuses during halftime.
- The Northwestern game is presented by PA Pork Producers, who will be hosting a Cook-Off prior to the game at FanFest on Curtin Road. Details will be provided at a later date.
OCTOBER 22 VS. MINNESOTA: Homecoming, Penn State White Out, Generations of Greatness
- All fans are encouraged to sport white attire to ensure a Penn State White Out for the clash with the Golden Gophers.
- The official 2022 Penn State White Out t-shirt was again a joint project between Penn State and Nike. The custom design features fan-sourced words to describe the experience attending “The Greatest Show in College Sports.” Fans can purchase the 2022 Penn State White Out shirt here.
- Penn State Homecoming will celebrate the 2022-23 Guide State Forward award winners during the game. The annual Homecoming Parade will once again return to campus and downtown State College on Friday night, October 21.
- The Penn State football team will once again turn back the clock for a special “Generations of Greatness” game. The Nittany Lions will don uniforms with designs elements from uniforms past.
- The Minnesota game is presented by New Holland.
OCTOBER 29 VS. OHIO STATE: Penn State Stripe Out
- Ohio State will mark the return of the Penn State Stripe Out. Each section will be coordinated in either all blue or white clothing to create a stripe effect in Beaver Stadium. More info about the Stripe Out can be found at PennStateStripeOut.com. The game will be a student section White Out.
NOVEMBER 12 VS. MARYLAND: Military Appreciation Day; Seats for Servicemembers
- Penn State will honor the men and women who have bravely served our country by dedicating a game to them when the Nittany Lions take the field against Maryland. This year’s Military Appreciation theme will be honoring Penn State faculty and staff members who serve or have served in the US armed forces.
- Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets to be donated to military members and their families through the “Seats for Servicemembers” program. ROTC elite, active duty, veterans and military families will be honored during the game. The 2022 “Seats for Servicemembers” program has already produced nearly 2,000 purchased tickets by Penn State fans for active duty and veteran military personnel. To support the “Seats for Servicemembers” program, call 1-800-NITTANY or click here.
- Penn State is collecting videos of Are service members doing the “We” chant or photos showing their Penn State pride to possibly play on the videoboard during the game. If you would like to participate, please send videos/photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Maryland game is presented by the Smeal College of Business.
NOVEMBER 26 VS. MICHIGAN STATE: Senior Day
- The home schedule concludes with Senior Day presented by the Penn State Alumni Association in Beaver Stadium against the Spartans. The Nittany Lion seniors will be introduced for the final time in front of the Beaver Stadium faithful.
A number of group ticket themes will be announced in the coming weeks. Should fans have interest in any one of the group themes below or other group opportunities, please visit here to sign up for updates.
- Penn State Faculty and Staff Members
- Scouts (Boy and Girl)
- Educators and Schools Groups
- Agricultural Day
- Faith & Family Day
- Penn State Parents & Families Day
For more information on joining the Nittany Lion Club and reserving new season tickets for the 2022 Penn State Football season presented by PSECU, as well as club seating in Beaver Stadium, fans can visit www.PSUnrivaled.com, call 1-800-NITTANY weekdays from 9 am- 4 pm
More than 4,300 new season tickets have already been sold for the 2022 campaign.