Promising Scholars Summer Program
& Credit Recovery
The Promising Scholars summer program offers students a fun, free, and academically enriching experience this summer. High school students also can register for Credit Recovery this summer.
Each summer camp will offer a mix of classroom learning; science, technology, and art activities; Physical activity, and other fun experiences, with a full-day schedule for rising kindergarteners through 8th-graders and a half-day for rising 9th- through 12th-graders.
Although academic work will not be graded, elementary and middle school students will have an opportunity to get caught up academically before the 2022-23 school year begins.
In addition to ACT Prep and enrichment opportunities through Promising Scholars, high school students will have credit recovery options, an extended school year (ESY) for exceptional education students and programs for English Learners.
Credit Recovery for High School Students
Registration is Open
Credit Recovery is available during the summer for high school students.
Register Online Now
- High School students should check with their high school counselor for Credit Recovery, ESY and EL registration deadlines. Students who need transportation to attend in-person credit recovery must register by April 27.
- Credit Recovery is offered June 2 to 30
- Students have the option of attending in person at the following locations: Antioch, Glencliff, Hillwood, McGavock, Overton, Pearl-Cohn, Stratford and Whites Creek high schools.
- Virtual Credit will be offered at 13 schools: The eight listed above, plus Cane Ridge, East, Hillsboro, Hunters Lane, Maplewood. Each school site will have specific hours for virtual instruction (TBD).
- Breakfast and lunch is provided.
Bus stops and routes information can be found on Find My Bus Stop, but it requires the extra step of clicking through to the Advanced Search option on Find My Bus Stop.
Once you are on the Advanced Search option page of Find My Stop:
- Add Grade
- Select Summer School from the drop down menu.
- Add your address
- Click Find School Transportation Info.
If your student does not have transportation assigned by 3 pm Friday, May 27, contact the Family Information Center at (615) 259-4636.
Questions about Promising Scholars?
Email the Promising Scholars team with any questions.