Meredith College challenges students to discover what makes them strong, build on those strengths, and prepare to make a positive impact on the world. With more than 90 undergraduate academic programs, nearly 30 graduate and certificate programs, and StrongPoints®, a robust personal training initiative focused on strengths, it’s no wonder US News, The Princeton Review, and Forbes.com have named Meredith their “Best College.” Wherever you are in life, be your strength – and be strong.
- Undergraduate, minor and majors: above 90
- Postgraduate and mixed degree programs: 27
- Undergraduate degrees: BSc, BS, BM, BSW
- Higher Certificates: MSc, MBA, MSc, MSc NutritionAnd MA in Psychology: I/O Concentration, MA in Criminal Justice
- Post-baccalaureate degree programs: Business, criminal justice, digital communication, paralegals, pre-health, diet
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 11:1
- Average class size: 15
- Students come from 32 states And 31 countries
- Total registered: approx 1800
- Alumni Enrollment: Approx 300
- multicultural students: 29%
- Each student participates in StrongPoints®, a Personal guidance and counseling Model only found in Meredith
- Student clubs and organizations: 100+
- Sports teams from the third division: 10
- 51% of students participating in university research
- 32% of students participate in study abroad (compared to the national average of 10%)
- 97% of students participating in an applied learning experience such as study abroad, university research, or internships
- In recent years, Meredith students have achieved both Standard four-year graduation rates and the Highest retention rate since 1999.
- Meredith Four-year graduation rate higher than the rates of nearly every North Carolina public university.
- 95% of our graduates will Choose Meredith again, and 98% will I recommend Meredith to others
- 99% of graduates rated Meredith College Education Value Excellent, very good or good.
- Thriving alumni in all 50 countries and abroad: 22000
- according to US newsMeredith College has been consistently ranked as the best regional and national college
- US news Meredith ranks #63 among the national liberal arts colleges for social mobility
- Ranked among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes.com
- One of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” by Princeton review
- #2 Best Liberal Arts College in North Carolina According to Niche.com
- Top 10 or 15% “most focused” on biological and biomedical sciences; family, consumer and human sciences; visual and performing arts; mathematics and statistics; chemistry by college facts
- Top 15% “highest-paid graduates” in business, management and marketing according to college facts
Academics and Special Programs
- the Undergraduate Research Program Supports student/faculty partnerships in pursuing research and creative activity in all areas. The college covers travel costs for students who present their work at conferences.
- Study abroad options It includes a semester-long program in Sansepolcro, Italy, with additional opportunities worldwide including Costa Rica, Iceland, and France.
- Honors Program It offers private tutoring, individual study and research, travel opportunities, and enrichment activities.
- training And Cooperative Education Available in all fields of study.
- double degree engineering Program offered in partnership with North Carolina State University.
College and staff
- Undergraduate to faculty ratio approx 11:1.
- The average class size is 15.
- 89% of full-time professors Hold a PhD or other academic degrees.
- Number of full-time and part-time faculty members: 223
- Number of full-time and part-time employees: 333
- Impact Grant Advance Guaranteed annual financing of $20,000 For academically qualified students
- $56.2 million The financial aid is coordinated by Meredith annually
- More than 95% of the students Receive scholarships or financial aid
- $34991 is the average amount From the financial aid granted to first-year students
- On 300 scholarships Available to Meredith students
Campus and facilities
- Meredith College is located in Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina. more than 115,000 university students In the Research Triangle Park area, the nation’s premier research and development center.
- Historical Campus 225 acres It is home to academic, administrative, and residential buildings that have a total area of 945,743 square feet. Facilities include a 1,200-seat amphitheater, seven student residence halls and apartments, a student center, a fitness center, a sports complex and a track.
- Carlisle Campbell Library It has more than 190,000 volumes, 16,000 microforms, and 3,000 newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
- The Science and Mathematics building includes unique classroom settings, specialized laboratories, and a telescope observatory deck.
- Meredith’s Avengers Angels compete Ten NCAA Division III sports: lacrosse, basketball, field hockey, golf, soccer, volleyball, tennis, softball, cross country, track and field.
- Meredith claimed, as a member of the South American Athletics Conference since 2007 Six titles in lacrosse, two in volleyball, and one in soccer and tennis; Three cross country championships. Five regular season championships in soccer, four in lacrosse, two in volleyball, and one in softball and tennis.
- Frequent Meredith patrons LecturesAnd Juror Student ExhibitionsAnd Active concert schedule, And Exhibitions featuring professional artists.
- Students participate in theater and dance performance Teams and Variety Vocal and effective teams.
- Driving programs These include the Sophie Lanno Women’s Leadership Development Program and the LeaderShape® Institute.
Accreditation and degrees
- Meredith College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097; phone 404-679-4501) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Meredith is also accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, the Council on Social Work Education, the Council on Interior Design Accreditation, the North Carolina Department of Public Education, and the National Council on Accreditation of Standards for Teacher Education (NCATE) through the CAEP accreditation system. The Association to Advance Undergraduate International Business Schools.
Tuition fees and financial aid
- Tuition and fees for full-time undergraduate students:
2021-22 full-time classes: $41,224
Board room: $12,120