Categories such as C.hicago public schools remain canceled on Monday As the teachers’ union continues to withdraw from in-person learning amid the continued rise in coronavirus cases in the second week.
Chicago Teachers Union It offered a deal based on a distance learning component that would keep children out of school buildings until next week. CPS refused it.
“Commanding the Counter-Terrorism Unit, you are not listening,” Mayor Lori Lightfoot said, vowing not to “back off.”
- After the Bears blew up a lead in their season-ending loss to the Vikings on SundayAll players are invited to a mandatory meeting on Monday before entering hibernation. What could that be? Details with Jeff Arnold. (patch)
- Meet Jay Westbrook, a self-made brewer and one of three winners of the Illinois Craft Brewing Diversity Grant. “The craft beer community is very welcoming and very inclusive, but it is time to double down on that and welcome everyone to the barn and make them feel welcome,” Westbrook said. (patch)
- Exhibition by artist Faith Humphrey Hill, “The Faces of COVID,” Now on display in State Street sidewalk windows in Harold Washington Liebers. Hill said the brightly colored images are meant to honor the people we’ve lost to the coronavirus and “to think about that and celebrate them. Think of who they are as individuals.” (CBS2)
- a Chuck fell from metal from a skyscraper formerly known as the John Hancock Building In the middle of a working day last week. No one is hurt. (NBC5)
From our sponsor:
today Chicago Daily is served in part by NewrezOne of the country’s leading mortgage lenders. Take a smart step into your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to contact a Newry’s loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS#3013)
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
- Free Use of Force Law/Illinois 16/8-Hour CCL Classes $140 / 3-hour CCL Renewal $45 (January 15)
- Add your event
Do you like Chicago Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved: