- Full Time, Fixed Term Position until December 2022
- Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the City Campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
About the Role/You
As the Student Advice Officer, you will be responsible for providing timely, consistent and accurate information and advice to customers and ensure a high quality service is provided online, over the phone and in person, as a member of the Student Advice Team at Business Connect .
This position requires the ability to deal effectively with both routine and more complex enquiries relating to College of Business and Law programs, across all modes and locations; utilises and actively systems contributes to further development of University and processes; and works collaboratively with other members of the Business Connect and the broader Student Lifecycle Team to ensure effective academic administration.
To be successful in this position, you’ll have:
- Experience and motivation in the provision of high quality customer service, including sound knowledge and consistent application of relevant policy and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with people from a range of cultural backgrounds
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a demanding environment and can shift easily between different service channels and locations as demand requires.
- Well-developed interpersonal and problem solving skills with the ability to take the initiative in identifying and pursuing opportunities to improve existing practices and services.
About the College of Business & Law
The College of Business and Law is one of the largest business schools in the Asia Pacific region and delivers industry-engaged education and applied research that spark ambition and new perspectives. Attracting over 31,000 students, programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, and via significant teaching partnerships in Singapore, China and Indonesia. Through RMIT Online the College offers a range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
For more information visit https://www.rmit.edu.au/about/schools-colleges/college-of-business-and-law
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability or this position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Sheri Carnegie, Senior Talent Advisor via email on email@example.com
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
22 Feb 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.