- Full time, ongoing position
- An exciting opportunity to use your leadership skills to coordinate the operational and administrative services of the Student Affairs and Engagement Unit
- Base salary $97,975 – $106,738 + 17% retirement
The Student Affairs and Engagement Unit has a unique opportunity to join our high performing team that offers leading undergraduate programs that are well recognized across the higher education community. This is an exciting opportunity to play a vital role in ensuring efficient and effective delivery of services to raise students’ awareness of a variety of engagement and support programs designed to assist and prepare students for success. If you succeed at working in a crowded environment, are on your feet, enjoy solving operational challenges, and are able to think strategically, then this is the role for you.
The unit is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual who can provide leadership support to our highly motivated administrative staff in the Student Affairs and Engagement team. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of day-to-day operations and providing expert advice on policy and procedural matters for student affairs.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing general administrative services and operational support within the work area
- Provide leadership and people management to employees
- Research, analyze data, and prepare reports and recommendations on a variety of areas related to student affairs and participation
- Monitor university policy and procedures to ensure compliance with the College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Do custom projects and other activities
We are looking for a Team Leader, Student Affairs and Engagement who has:
- Management and leadership experience in a university, college or school context
- Demonstrated experience in supervising, coaching, directing and managing employee performance
- Ability to build effective, highly engaged teams focused on achieving results
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, evaluate and adapt initiatives in the changing higher education environment
- High level negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills combined with high levels of tact, diplomacy, good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality in a variety of matters
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, ability to use initiative, exercise sound judgment and prioritize workload during busy periods
- Extensive verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of inquiries and delivering excellent results to clients
- Knowledge of university policies with experience to ensure that interpretation and implementation are consistent with established administrative processes and procedures.
11:59 PM, Monday January 17, 2022
please note: The University of Sydney will be closed from December 24, 2021 until January 9, 2022 inclusive.
sponsorship / labor rights for Australia
please note: Sponsorship visa is not available for this position. To get a continuing job, you must be an Australian, New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident.
Temporary Australian residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered on a fixed-term contract for the duration of the visa, depending on the requirements of the area of employment and the job.
Your employment is conditional upon completion of all required pre-employment roles or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continuing employment is conditional on the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant permits and security screening requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the university may take any necessary step, including termination of your employment.
Energy Equivalence Statement
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; Equity target groups including women, people with disabilities and people identified as LGBT; Aborigines and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged.
Please specify the points below in your cover letter:
- Describe the techniques you use to build, maintain, and motivate a high-performing team
- Describe when you identified, designed and implemented an innovative program or project that significantly improved the scope of business practices
- Describe a case in which you pivoted through agile change management solutions that delivered superior student outcomes with measurable impact.
- Provide an example of how you have ensured adherence to policies and processes
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter addressing the three points above, a CV, and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted via Progressing button at the top of the page.
For university employees or unit workers, please log in to a work day Account and go to the Career icon in your Dashboard. Click USYD Find Jobs and Apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require a reasonable modification or support in filling out this application, please contact Paulina Rojas/Nicole Fein from Recruitment Operations, Human Resources via Recruitment.email@example.com
© Sydney University
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any date.