DENVER, December 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator – headquartered in Denver, Colorado – today announced its second class of startups selected to participate in the 2021 Program. The class is made up of ten companies and two non-profits. profitability from six states and England, with the 13-week intensive program starting this week.
Organizations specialize in technologies and business models to enhance the future of the workforce including, but not limited to, career path discovery, navigation, informed decision making, innovative training delivery, competency and skill building platforms, workforce data intelligence, social capital development and holistic interventions That directly changes workforce outcomes for students and job seekers.
Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator is powered by ZoomlabAnd Strada Education Network, And Colorado flourishes. These supporters play an integral role in the acceleration process, with a common goal of supporting and growing startups to build the future of the workforce.
The 2021 batch builds on momentum from last year’s highly successful inaugural category, which saw the teams collectively raise more than $22 million in post-program capital investment with a total enterprise value of approximately $63 million. Six 2020 class companies have maintained a presence in Colorado, underlining the state’s growing reputation for entrepreneurship.
Techstars Workforce Development Accelerator welcomes the following organizations as members of the Class of 2021:
- a jobHelping Latinx job seekers residing in the United States find jobs through technology.
- closeCreate the world’s first accessible on-board e-learning platform designed for and for blind and visually impaired people.
- divorceHelping tech companies measure and track the breakdown of their diversity and help them improve it by connecting them to diverse, qualified talent.
- GuideEasily plan and transcribe structured interviews so you can hire the right person faster, fairer, and more assuredly.
- ionic learningA peer-learning technology platform for B2B SaaS organizations that extends and improves learning in small, diverse groups.
- Together 2 college: A functional learning platform for unenrolled high school students so that everyone can access upward mobility (Nonprofit).
- BidolHelping companies diversify their workforce with scholarship programs.
- PitchMeEnable candidates to demonstrate their knowledge and capabilities, allowing anyone with a relevant skill set to apply for a position regardless of their age, formal educational background and employment history.
- role-playing: Helping people who need part-time work connect, combine skills and apply for exciting full-time roles together.
- turn up: Building Learning Gyms – Support and an inclusive community for online learners.
- transition: Bridging the gap between CNA schools and employers to better match students to jobs and career advancement.
- Watson InstituteThe new university model for entrepreneurs, thought leaders and change makers in the worldNonprofit).
Over the next three months, these startups will receive seed investments and mentorship through Techstars’ global network of business leaders, including the Denver business community, as well as business training through the program’s educational components.
The workforce team is led by Taylor McLemore (Managing Director), Ally Schlosser (Program Manager), and Dora Egon (Assistant Chief Operations). The team works closely with Adam Wood, Jason Kavnar and Keith Groen (the resident program team) and is convinced that scalable workforce innovation led by entrepreneurs is a necessary catalyst to make the workforce system work for more Americans as quickly as possible. Ultimately, the program invests in startups and supports founders who empower human potential through action.
For more information, visit Workforce Development Accelerator Program page in www.techstars.com.
The global Techstars network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars started with three simple ideas – entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. We are now on a mission to empower every person on the planet to contribute to and benefit from the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to running accelerators and venture capital funds, we do so by connecting startups, investors, businesses, and cities to help build thriving start-up communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,800 companies with a combined market value of more than $219.3 billion. www.techstars.com
This content has been released through the press release distribution service on Newswire.com.
Featured image by Techstars