As 2021 approaches, we’re reflecting on a successful year of accomplishments big and small – all of which have helped build a brighter tomorrow for JCCC students, faculty, staff, and the community.
The JCCC Foundation year has been a busy year. They have hosted many reimagined events, collected and distributed a record number of donations and supported student success.
- Thanks to donor contributions, the foundation has given a record $1.7 million In financial assistance for more than 1,800 students at JCCC.
- The campaign has sparked some enchanted possibilities, so far, more than $1.1 million For scholarships for JCCC students and basic needs programs.
- Clay Blair named Johnson’s Conton’s Best of 2021.
- Watch the virtual Some Enchanted Evening Gala to see how we continue to celebrate and learn about JCCC supporters.
- Throughout 2021, generous donors have been established 16 new scholarships For JCCC students.
- If you would like to include the JCCC in your year-end donation, visit the JCCC Foundation web pages. 2021 gifts must be received by December 31.
The JCCC Center for Sustainability is constantly working to make the JCCC campus greener. In 2021 they were instrumental in the following projects:
- installation of more than 1.4 MW of solar panels on the roofs of many campus buildings. These panels generate enough energy to power the equivalent of more than 145 homes.
- Reporting Waste diversion rate 61% – This is the amount of waste we divert from landfill annually.
- In 2021 alone, we recycled more than 500 tons Waste!
- Converting campus electricity use to 100% carbon neutral.
2021 saw the continuation of our campus transformation plan with the goal of providing state-of-the-art facilities to our students. Crews have begun rebuilding the Classroom Laboratory Building (CLB) and Connected Science Building (SCI). An exciting part of this renovation is that it includes spaces dedicated to undergraduate research, a critical component of STEM education.
In 2021, JCCC’s Center for Continuing Education expanded its partnership with JoCoWorks to provide vital workforce training to boost our local economy. Funding is available for companies to reskill or hone their employees through specialized short-term training in nearly every job category, including business leadership, computers, information technology, manufacturing and skilled trades. Individuals who have experienced job losses or wage cuts may also qualify. Eligibility is determined when you apply, learn more about how to apply.
The JCCC Athletics Center has continued to break records and achieve outstanding achievements.
- JCCC Baseball finished the fall semester with a team GPA 3.43 – Top in team history!
- JCCC volleyball came home with third place in the NJCAA DII Volleyball Championship.
- Several members of the JCCC men’s and women’s soccer and softball teams have been selected for post-season recognition, including the All-American and All-Conference Awards.
- Dance team Golden Girls placed third in the jazz division and second place in the hip-hop division at the National Dance Alliance Collegiate Championship.
- Men’s basketball is the best start in the program’s history with a record 15-0.
- Women’s basketball also boasts a perfect 15-0 record.
See you next year!
Each new year brings change and new opportunities to campus, but our focus remains the same. We are committed to inspiring learning to change lives and strengthen communities. Here until 2022!