WATERVILLE — Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce encourages eligible students to apply for its Joseph B. Ezhaya Scholarship.
The $750 scholarship is awarded for all four years to a recipient upon successful completion of his/her first semester of college with a 2.0 GPA or better.
Ezhaya was a community leader who distinguished himself with his warmth, enthusiasm, generosity and particularly, his friendships, according to a news release from the chamber. Successful scholarship candidates should share his interest in citizenship, community service and exemplify his spirit and vitality.
To be considered, applicants must:
• Be attending a Mid-Maine Chamber area high school: Lawrence, Winslow, Mt. View, Waterville, Messalonskie, Maine Central Institute, Erskine, Temple Academy or Maine Academy of Natural Sciences;
• Maintain an academic average of a “C” or better;
• Complete a required short essay on citizenship;
• Show evidence of community service and involvement; and
• Be enrolled in an accredited New England college or university.
For more information, visit midmainechamber.com, or call the chamber at 207-873-3315. Submissions can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Ezhaya Memorial Scholarship Applications, Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce, 50 Elm St., Waterville, ME 04901.
All applications must be received by 5 pm Monday, April 25.
SNAPSHOT: Winthrop Lions Club gives $500 to town’s historical society