• Lincoln Heights Civic Association will host bingo from 1 to 3 pm Thursday, 42 Millersdale Road, Jeannette. There will be 20 regular games and five quickies. Cost: 25 cents for a three-card bingo board and $1 for quickies. Payout is 50/50. Free coffee.
• Soup sale to benefit programming at Sewickley Township Public Library will be at 10 am Saturday at the library, 201 Highland Ave., Herminie. Homemade baked goods and used books will available. Varieties: beef barley, beef vegetable, chicken dumpling, chicken noodle, chili, ham and bean, loaded baked potato, New England clam chowder, pasta e fagioli, wedding and others. Cost: $8 per quart; $4 per pin. Sponsored by Friends of Sewickley Township Public Library.
• Jeannette American Legion Auxiliary will sponsor a chili cook-off from 1 to 5 pm Feb. 26 at the post, 109 S. Fifth St. Cost: $5 to enter or taste, payable at the door. Entry registration: text or leave a message at 412-452-7515. Proceeds will be used to help with the needs of the patients of the VA Hospital.
• Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce will sponsor a musical bingo from 6 to 8 pm Feb. 24 at the Ligonier Veterans of Foreign Wars, 749 E. Main St. Admission: $5. There will be prizes and a 50/50 raffle. Reservations: 724-238-4994, 3 to 11 pm Wednesdays and Thursdays, and noon to midnight Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. No reservations will be accepted via voicemail.
• Level Green Seniors will meet at 11 am Thursday at the Level Green Lions Community Building, 123 Murrysville Road. Lunch menu: ham barbeque and potato salad. Cost: $6, payable in advance. Entertainment will be accordionist Ron Gretch. New members welcome. Details: Mary, 412-372-5422.
• Greensburg College Club will meet at 7 pm Thursday at the Greensburg Garden and Civic Center, 51 Old Salem Road. Guest speakers will be Darlene Fredrickson, CJ Fredrickson and exchange students from Poland and Bangladesh. Public welcome.
• Rostraver Sportsmen’s Association will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 pm Monday at the club, 539 Cedar Creek Road. Membership applications from men and women welcome. Details: 724-984-6611 or rostraversca.org.
• Greensburg Garden Center is accepting applications for the 2022 Katherine Mabis McKenna Scholarship. The award is $1,500. Applications must live in Westmoreland County or a bordering counties and have completed one year at an accredited college or university pursuing a twoor four-year degree in botany, horticulture, forestry, landscape architecture or field. Applications and details: greensburggardencenter.net or call 724-837-0245. Deadline is May 31.
Submissions from nonprofit organizations for Briefly Speaking can be emailed to email@example.com. Include a complete address and daytime phone number. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each announcement is printed once; there is no fee.