In an effort to increase the city’s vaccination and boost rates, Worcester has announced special clinics that will take place daily during school vacation week, Feb. 21 through Feb. 26, and offer youth a chance to win a $3,000 college scholarship.
The clinics will be open to all eligible individuals and will feature family activities, raffles, and gift card giveaways, the city said.
As part of the special clinics, Worcester youth age five through 17 who get their first or second vaccine dose (primary series only) next week at one of the below clinics will be entered to win a $3,000 college scholarship, officials said.
Residents over the age of 17 are eligible for prizes other than the scholarship, relating to dose eligibility as some prizes are for primary series doses only and not boosters due to state guidelines.
Below, find details on the clinics:
- Central Community Branch YMCA (766 Main Street): Monday, February 21, 11 am – 7 pm Raffle for one $500 cash prize (first doses only)
- Southeast Asian Coalition of Central Massachusetts (484 Main Street, Suite 400): Tuesday, February 22, 5 – 7 p.m. $25 Stop & Shop gift cards while supplies last (first and second doses only) Additional rewards from United Way Free food provided
- Worcester Public Library (3 Salem Street): Wednesday, February 23, 11 am – 7 pm $25 Stop & Shop gift cards while supplies last (first and second doses only)
- Boys & Girls Club of Worcester (65 Boys & Girls Club Way): Thursday, February 24, 2 – 6 pm Raffle for one $150 EbLens gift card (all doses) $25 Stop & Shop gift cards while supplies last (first and second doses only) ) Free food provided
- Girls Inc. of Worcester (125 Providence Street): Friday, February 25, 2 – 5 p.m. Raffle for one $150 EbLens gift card (all doses) $25 Stop & Shop gift cards while supplies last (first and second doses only)
- Gala Foods (664 Main Street): Saturday, February 26, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Raffles for two Nintendo Switches and 10 $40 movies passes (all doses) $25 Gala Foods gift cards while supplies last (all doses) Lunch provided
All vaccines and boosters will be available. A full schedule of weekly walk-up testing, vaccination, and booster clinics can be accessed at worcesterma.gov.